The Designs for Dental Health office will be open the week between Christmas and New Years on Thursday, December 27th: 9am-7pm and Friday, December 28th: 7:30am-3pm. Please feel free to contact us at 908-359-6655! Happy Holidays!
“…Women are more affected by sleep apnea than are men and women with obstructive sleep apnea have more severe brain damage than men suffering from a similar condition.” Paul Macey
Researchers at the University of California in Los Angeles looked at patients diagnosed with obstructive sleep apnea and compared the nerve fibers, or white matter, in the patients’ brains to fibers of individuals without sleep disorders.
Researchers also focused on understanding the difference in brain damage between men and women with sleep apnea, according to the study published in the journal Sleep.
Obstructive sleep apnea is a disorder than occurs when a person’s breathing is repeatedly interrupted during sleep. Every time breathing is interrupted, the oxygen level in the blood drops, which could eventually lead to damage to many cells in the body.
Read the entire article here!
For December, we are extending our special for a FREE Sleep Apnea Screening! It’s so important not only to get the right amount of sleep, but for that sleep to be restful as well.
A proliferation of ads for energy drinks and prescription sleep aids reveal an American culture that is tense and tired. Nearly a third of working adults get less than six hours of sleep a night, according to a recent CDC report.
Fatigue management consultants now work with more than half of the Fortune 500 companies, law-enforcement groups, and even football teams, to ensure that they have energetic and safe workers.
Fortunately, there really are steps you can take to adapt sleep to your modern life. And while it’s not as easy as popping a pill, these suggestions can help you live a longer and healthier.
* Start by going to bed at the same time every night. Make it eight hours before you have to get up in the a.m.
* Don’t use your smartphone, computer or close-to-you television for an hour before going to bed. They emit blue light that the body treats as sunlight. It deters the onset of sleep by encouraging the brain to stay alert. Never sleep with your smartphone or tablet.
* Studies show using yoga or mind-relaxing techniques before bed will increase sleep quality and quantity.
* By developing better sleep habits, you’ll know when you actually went to sleep or whether you just spent the night tossing and turning.
* Consumer devices like headbands that measure brain waves and pedometer-like devices that measure movement are available. They track the real effects of each day’s choices on that night’s sleep and give answers similar to those you would get at a sleep lab. Getting a good night’s sleep takes a certain amount of planning before bedtime, but it’s well worth it.
* Health, mental sharpness, sex, relationships, creativity and memories are parts of what makes you who you are. All of these things depend on how many hours of sleep you get each night.
Holiday Smiles Contest
Share your BEST Holiday Smiles with us and win a $10 gift card of your choice to Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Amazon, or iTunes!
Dr. Nadler and the team at Designs for Dental Health want you to share your Holiday Smile with us!
It’s easy to enter and win. You have until January 5th to post your BEST Holiday Smiles picture to our Facebook wall. The winners will be announced on January 15th! Simply upload your picture to our Designs for Dental Health Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/nadlersmiledentist and you’re registered to win!!!for Dental Health invite you to participate in our “Holiday Smiles Contest” a fun contest where you can win a $10 gift card, just for sharing your stunning smiles!
How to Enter:
Step 1: “Like” the Designs for Dental Health Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/nadlersmiledentist.
Step 2: Upload/Post your picture on our Facebook wall.
Step 3: Share the Contest with your Facebook friends.
**Please note: each person can only post one picture per day throughout the contest.**
Contest begins on Monday, December 10, 2012, and continues until Saturday, January 5, 2013. Each participant is allowed to submit one picture per day and there will be 3 (three) winners at the end of the contest. If necessary, we will contact the winner via Facebook message to request your email and mailing address and to arrange for you to receive your prize.
Designs for Dental Health Holiday Smiles Contest Rules
1. No purchase necessary to enter the Designs for Dental Health Holiday Smiles Contest.
2. We reserve the right to reject any entries which we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem offensive, violate any laws or are unsuitable in any other manner. Designs for Dental Health is not required to provide any explanation for the rejection.
3. Three participants (winners) will be appointed on January 15, 2013 by the representatives of Designs for Dental Health, based on the pictures given. The winners will be notified via Facebook message. All decisions of the contest will be final and binding.
4. The Designs for Dental Health Holiday Smiles Contest begins on Monday, December 10, 2012 and ends at 11:59 pm on Saturday, January 5, 2013. Entries must be submitted before the end of day on Saturday, January 5, 2013. 5. Entrants must be 18 years of age or older to enter the Contest. Entrants must also be legal residents of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico or the U.S. territories and possessions. Employees of Designs for Dental Health and its affiliates, and their immediate family members, are not eligible.
6. In entering the contest you subject yourself to both the Contest Rules and Legal Terms and Conditions.
Legal Terms and Conditions
General: Your entry into the Designs for Dental Health Holiday Smile Contest (the “Contest”) is subject to the Contest Rules, the following Legal Terms and Conditions, and all other guidelines, terms and conditions stated elsewhere on this site and all applicable laws, ordinances and regulations, including but not limited to all laws respecting intellectual property, trademarks, copyrights, rights of privacy, pornography and defamation. By entering the Contest, you accept and agree to be bound by the Contest Rules and these Legal Terms and Conditions. Designs for Dental Health shall be the administrator of the Contest and shall sometimes be referred to as the “Administrator”. By entering this contest, you agree to receive communications and updates from Designs for Dental Health. Contest Period: The Designs for Dental Holiday Smile Contest begins at 12:00:00 a.m. (EST) on Monday, December 10, 2012 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. (EST) on Saturday, January 5, 2013. Entries submitted before or after the contest period will not be eligible for consideration.
Prize: $10 gift card of your choice to Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Amazon, or iTunes
There will be three winners of the contest. All decisions of the contest will be final and binding. Designs for Dental Health is responsible only for prize delivery it is not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees, if any, are the sole responsibility of winners. Winners shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Designs for Dental Health, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parents, directors, offices, and employees from and against any liabilities arising from or regarding taxes owed on the prize.
Verification of Winners and Delivery of Prizes: The Designs for Dental Health prize will only be awarded to the participants who respond to the message requesting their mailing address and email address. Designs for Dental Health is not responsible if prize is returned as undeliverable or if entrant does not respond to prize notification message within 7 days after the date sent. Winners agree to the use by Designs for Dental Health of their name, likeness, images submitted and/or prize information for promotional purposes in any medium without additional compensation to the extent permitted by law.
Contest void where prohibited.
Warning. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent permitted by law.